I have a great friend who has spent the better part of her life teaching us how to recycle what comes out of the rear end of our pets, and I would also like to give her credit for teaching me a few neat tricks. Consider the following:
• When you walk your dog, bring a biodegradable bag to carry dog waste.
• When you shop for dog food and treats look for items packaged in paper, aluminum or recyclable plastic, rather than foils.
• Choose dog toys, beds and clothing made with recycled or sustainable materials, such as hemp, recycled cotton filler, or fleece made from recycled plastic bottles.
• Pay attention to packaging and stay away from non-recyclable plastics and over-packaged items.
• Seek out companies that make a public commitment to the environment by recycling packaging materials and waste products.
• Walk your dog in your neighborhood if possible, rather than using fossil fuels to drive to a dog park. (An added benefit is that if your dog ever gets lose, your neighbors are more likely to know who its owners are.)
• Pick up after your dog’s Poo is one of the single biggest things you can do!
• Bring own bags from shopping
Post a Comment